OWINGS MILLS, Md. - Brianna Christie netted her first two goals of the season, while Allison Arters also netted her first goal of the season as the Stevenson women's soccer team opened MAC Commonwealth play with a 3-0 win over Albright, its third straight triumph.
- Stevenson (4-6-1, 1-0 MAC Commonwealth) goalie Keegan Caffrey made a save just 1:44 into the contest.
- Christie opened the scoring at the 6:57 mark with her shot from 20 yards out that skipped past Albright (6-5, 0-1 MAC Commonwealth) goalie Vanessa Baker.
- Just under a minute later, Christie gave Stevenson a 2-0 lead when she booted a shot from just inside the 18 off an assist by Marissa Inglisa.
- Arters made it 3-0 at the 30:16 mark when she blasted home a free kick from just outside the right side of the box following an Albright foul.
- Caffrey made another save in the 43rd minute on a shot by Albright's Caitlin Costigliola as she tried to go bottom left.
- A shot just under six minutes into the second half by Stevenson's Cassidy Butler was swept away by a Lion defender.
- Caffrey turned aside Lauren Haley's low bid in the 63rd minute.
- Two more shots on target by Albright at 67:13 and 72:22 were saved by Caffrey.
- Christie put a shot on frame with just over three minutes left but it was saved by Baker.
- Albright held a 13-12 shot advantage.
- Caffrey made six saves en route to her second straight shutout and third of the season, while Baker had two stops.
- Christie took eight of Stevenson's 12 shots, putting four on target.
- The Mustangs have scored 10 goals in the last three games.
Allison Arters makes it 3-0 with her strike from just outside the box on a free kick.
- Stevenson remains at home for its next match, hosting Lebanon Valley in a MAC Commonwealth tilt on Wednesday, October 9 at 7 pm.