Posted: Oct 24, 2018
OWINGS MILLS, Md. - Stevenson women's soccer junior Marissa Inglisa netted a hat trick as the Mustangs downed non-conference opponent Mount Aloysius, 3-0, in the regular season finale Wednesday evening at Mustang Stadium.
- In the opening minutes of the game, junior Alayna Roesener sent a long throw-in into the box towards senior Jess Littlepage but her shot was blocked. On the ensuing corner kick by sophomore Allison Arters, senior Sam Hooker recorded an off balanced shot that was easily saved.
- The Mustangs (5-9-3) had another corner kick in the 11th minute with this one making it across the front of the goal to sophomore Bridget Heist but she just missed getting a foot on it.
- Sophomore Keegan Caffrey came up with her first save of the game as the Mounties (13-2-2) recorded their first shot of net in the 32nd minute.
- In the 36th minute, Stevenson worked the ball across the field before sophomore Karissa Paglione played a through ball for Inglisa who beat Leanne Cardosa-Bastos to the far post.
- A few minutes later, Inglisa had another opportunity from the same spot but sent the shot wide left of the net.
- Mount Aloysius recorded the first shot of the second half, just a minute in, but Jordan Gebhart sent her shot from the top of the 18-yard box high.
- In the 63rd minute, Inglisa beat her defender and carried the ball towards the end line before crossing it to the near post to junior Alyssa Rasmussen but her one-timer when just over the crossbar.
- Inglisa crossed the ball into the box that went across the goal in the 78th minute before sophomore Elise Mahoney fired a shot on the far post but right to the feet of Cardosa-Bastos.
- In the 83rd minute, Inglisa beat a pair of defenders to force Cardosa-Bastos out of the net before beating her to the far post.
- Just 1:36 later, Inglisa completed her hat trick after a pass across from Mahoney.
- Stevenson outshot Mount Aloysius, 19-9, including 12-6 in the second half. The Mustangs also held a 5-3 edge in corner kicks.
- This was the first-ever meeting between the two schools.
- It is the first career point for Paglione and first career assist for Mahoney.
- The loss was the first road loss for the Mounties in eight tries.
- Caffrey finished with three saves before freshman Samantha Baysic finished the final four minutes for the shared shutout.
- Stevenson concludes the regular season on Saturday, October 27 when the Mustangs travel to Widener for a MAC Commonwealth contest beginning at 7:30 p.m.