OWINGS MILLS, Md. - Stevenson women's soccer senior Sam Hooker netted a goal and added an assist as the Mustangs collected an important three points with a 2-1 MAC Commonwealth victory on senior night Friday evening at Mustang Stadium. Hooker and classmate Jess Littlepage were honored in pregame ceremonies.
- It took the Mustangs (4-8-3, 3-3-1 MAC Commonwealth) just 1:34 to find the back of the net as junior Alayna Roesener netted her second goal of the season. Junior Alex Hamel sent in a free kick from 30 yards out that was headed off the post by sophomore Allison Arters before Roesener sent it to the back of the net after a tap forward from Hooker.
- The Golden Wolves (3-11-2, 1-5 MAC Commonwealth) had a corner kick in the seventh minute but sophomore goaltender Keegan Caffrey was able to grab the loose ball out of the air.
- Taylor Gough recorded the first shot on net for Alvernia in the 14th minute on a free kick from 40 yards out but Caffrey easily made the save.
- The hosts nearly doubled its lead in the 19th minute as a long throw-in from Roesener was flocked on by sophomore Bridget Heist to the back post where classmate Melanie Parncutt just missed getting a foot on the ball.
- Late in the half, Lauren Gough carried the ball up the left side before Caffrey came out to contest leaving the net open. Gough centered the ball to Kyla Gibson who buried the shot on the open net at the 43:23 mark to tie the game at 1-1.
- Early in the half, Roesener had another long throw-in that bounced around in the box before junior Alyssa Rasmussen fired a shot inside the six-yard box but Lily Sankey knocked it away.
- In the 59th minute, Arters played a corner kick to Rasmussen who vollied it back across to the other post but Sanket dove and just got a hand on it.
- Rosener played a ball out wide to junior Marissa Inglisa who centered the ball to Hooker who booted a one-timer past Sankey to give the Mustangs a lead in the 67th mintute.
- In the 72nd minute, Roesener nearly had her second goal of the game but Sankey once again had a diving save.
- Stevenson outshot Alvernia, 12-9, and held a 8-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- The Mustangs avenged a 1-0 road defeat a season ago and improves to 8-4 in the all-time series. Stevenson has won seven of the last eight.
- Hooker has a goal in each of her last two home games.
- Stevenson returns to action on Wednesday, October 24 when the Mustangs host a non-conference contest versus Mount Aloysius in the regular season home finale beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- The Mustangs conclude the regular season on Saturday, October 27 in a MAC Commonwealth contest at Widener beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Tonia (Cristino) Ramsel '08 receives her framed jersey for her induction into the Dicks Watts Athletics Hall of Fame.