Nov 10, 2018
GENEVA, N.Y. - Stevenson women's ice hockey freshman Nikki Kendrick scored the team's lone goal as the Mustangs dropped a United Collegiate Hockey Conference (UCHC) contest versus William Smith, 5-1, Saturday afternoon at The Cooler.
- Despite losing the opening face-off, senior Cierra Siemasko fired the first shot in the opening 10 seconds of the game.
- Freshman goaltender, Ana Holzbach, was tested early in her first career start, making three straight saves before William Smith (4-0-0, 2-0-0 UCHC) found the back of the net just 3:30 into the contest.
- The Mustangs (1-4-1, 0-3-1 UCHC) went on the power play for the first time in the game at the 4:49 mark and recorded four shots on net but all four were saved by Olivia Williams. The Herons also had a pair of blocked shots.
- With 4:23 remaining in the opening period, William Smith doubled its lead on a goal by Stephanie Hampton.
- William Smith went on the power play with 1:04 left in the period and then had a five-on-three after Stevenson was whistled for a second penalty 33 seconds later.
- The Herons started the period with a two-player advantage for 56 seconds but Holzbach stopped all three shots she faced.
- At 6:41, Stevenson went back on the power play after an interference call but the only shot was blocked by the Herons.
- Just past the midway point, William Smith extended its lead to, 3-0, before scoring on the power play, 1:50 later.
- The Mustangs went on the power play for the third time with 6:00 minutes left in the frame and had a five-on-three advantage 49 seconds later. With 38 seconds left in the two-player advantage, Kendrick netted her fourth goal of the season on an assist from sophomore Casey Storck.
- Just before the midway point of the period, the Herons went on the power play and converted just 34 seconds into the player advantage for a 5-1 lead.
- William Smith ended the game on the power play after the Mustangs took a penalty with 57 seconds remaining.
- William Smith outshot Stevenson, 46-21, while the Mustangs won 25 of the 43 face-offs.
- The Mustangs had 17 blocked shots, with six different players recording two.
- The Herons finished 2-for-5 on the power play while Stevenson went 1-for-4.
- Stevenson returns to action on Friday, November 16 when the Mustangs host an UCHC contest versus Nazareth beginning at 3:00 p.m.