Apr 24, 2019
OWINGS MILLS, Md. - The Stevenson University softball team closed out the 2019 season with a pair of five-inning wins against Trinity Washington University at Weinberg-Fine Stadium Wednesday afternoon.
- Stevenson 28, Trinity 0 (5); WP: Monahan (5-7) LP: Lee (NA)
- The Mustangs (16-19) pounded out 23 hits as they scored in all four innings.
- Alexandra DiGrande went 3-3 with five RBI, while Morghan Fulton drove in four runs and was 2-2 with a walk.
- Eight Stevenson players finished with multiple hits, led by a 4-5 game by Danielle Ebbighausen.
- Ebbighausen and Kayla Briles drove in three runs apiece.
- Erin Stephey, Morgan Thayer, Samantha Znamirowski and Kayla Maggio each knocked in a pair of runs.
- Haley Monahan allowed just one hit, a fifth-inning single, and struck out 10 while walking one.
- Stevenson 13, Trinity 0 (5); WP: Haines (1-4) LP: Barrera (NA)
- The hosts staked themselves to a 6-0 lead in the first inning and scored three runs in the second and two apiece in the third and fourth.
- Ebbighausen led the way with three hits, with Maggio and Gina D'Andrea each finishing with two.
- D'Andrea knocked in three runs with Ebbighausen, Stephey and Fulton each driving in two.
- Freshman Jillian Haines picked up her first career win, allowing just a first inning single and a walk while fanning nine.
- Briles extended her single-season program record for stolen bases to 26.
- Both Monahan and Haines registered career highs for strikeouts.
- The Mustangs end the season on a season-high four game win streak and won five out of their last six.