Posted: Oct 30, 2019
READING, Pa. - Stevenson junior Brooke Morris scored in the second quarter to tie the game 1-1, but Albright scored 1:43 into the third quarter en route to a 2-1 MAC Commonwealth field hockey victory at Shirk Stadium Wednesday evening.
- Albright (7-12, 3-4 MAC Commonwealth) got three shots off in the first two minutes, but Stevenson (6-13, 2-5 MAC Commonwealth) goalie Kelsey Eure turned aside one and Riley Sullivan recorded a defensive save.
- The Lions got off one more shot in the quarter, but it was blocked.
- The Lions generated a pair of penalty corners six minutes into the quarter.
- Hope Nyarady made a save on a shot at the 23:13 mark, but Brooke Yerger put home the rebound to give Albright a 1-0 lead.
- Following a Mustang penalty corner, Morris redirected an initial shot by Jean Hart with 5:40 left in the first half and scored to tie the game on the first Stevenson shot of the contest.
- Nyarady made two saves the rest of the quarter to keep it a 1-1 game.
- Kaley Donmoyer put the Lions up 2-1 on her shot following a penalty corner at the 31:43 mark.
- New Mustang goalie Grace Hollin made back-to-back saves just past the 33-minute mark.
- Hollin made seven saves in the frame, while Sullivan had a second defensive save.
- Kaitlin Karns and Olivia Lewis put shots on target, but both were turned aside.
- Karns and Cristina Parrish each had shots on goal just over two minutes in the period, but both were saves by Lion goalie Brynne Schoppe.
- Anna Bauer had two shots in the quarter.
- The Mustangs outshot Albright 4-0 in the final period.
- Albright outshot Stevenson 22-7 and had a 10-1 lead in penalty corners.
- All four Mustang goalies played, with Eure playing the first and fourth quarters. Nyarady covered the second, while Hollin and Jamie Fritz split the third quarter.
- Schoppe made for saves for the hosts.
- Eure finishes her career with 318 saves, good for second in program history.