Posted: Oct 05, 2019
CHESTER, Pa. - Stevenson field hockey senior goalie Kelsey Eure made seven saves against Widener, but the Pride downed the Mustangs 3-0 Saturday afternoon in MAC Commonwealth action.
- Stevenson (4-9, 1-1 MAC Commonwealth) got a pair of saves from Eure in the sixth minute on shots by Widener's Jackie Daniels and Jesse Schlosser.
- 8:03 into the game, Schlosser got Widener (11-0, 2-0 MAC Commonwealth) on the board as she scored off of a penalty corner with an assist from Gianna Perna
- A Mustang penalty corner at 18:46 saw Emma Adams put a shot on goal which was saved by Widener goalie Sabrina Roberto.
- Eure made her second pair of saves in the game at the 21:15 mark on a pair of Widener shots.
- Brooke Morris got a shot off for Stevenson at 26:05, but it was blocked by a Pride defender.
- Eure made a pair of saves around the 33-minute mark, with one coming on a Widener penalty corner.
- A Pride goal at 38:03 doubled the lead. Madi Radnoff scored with Perna recording her second assist of the day.
- The Pride earned themselves a penalty corner at 46:40, Eure saved an initial shot but Perna put home a rebound goal off of teammate Lexie Eberly's initial shot.
- Stevenson generated two penalty corners in the last five minutes of the game, with Riley Sullivan putting a shot on goal that was saved by Roberto, while Adams had a shot blocked with 14 seconds left to play.
- Widener led in shots 14-4 and in shots on goal at 10-2.
- Stevenson goalkeeper Eure made seven saves, while Roberto had a pair of stops.
- Adams had two of Stevenson's four shots.
- Stevenson returns home on Wednesday, October 9 to play a non-conference game against St. Mary's (Md.) at 4 pm.
- Mustangs return to MAC Commonwealth play against No. 13 Messiah on Saturday October 12 at 1 pm at Mustang Stadium.