OWINGS MILLS, Md. - Led by three first half goals by Kaitlin Karns and a pair by Anna Bauer, the Stevenson University field hockey team shut out Lancaster Bible 8-0 for its second win of the season Thursday night at Mustang Stadium.
- Karns got Stevenson (2-4) on the board when she lifted a shot over sprawling LBC (1-4) goalie Chloe Campbell 1:36 into the contest.
- Just past the five-minute mark, Bauer deked a Charger defender at the top of the circle and fired a shot from 12 yards out inside the far left post.
- 2:05 later, Bauer scored again to make it 3-0.
- The Stevenson lead increased to 4-0 with 1:13 left in the frame as an initial shot by Karns was stopped, but she got a tip on the rebound and trickled a ball over the goal line.
- The Mustangs took all 12 shots in the first corner and generated five penalty corners.
- Karns completed the hat trick with just over five minutes to go in the first half when she stuffed home the rebound off an initial shot by Bauer.
- The hosts held a 21-0 advantage in shots at intermission and had two more penalty corners in the second 15 minutes.
- Freshman Mackenzie Rieger scored her first collegiate goal 3:57 into the third quarter when she put in a rebound off an initial shot by Bauer.
- Cristina Parrish notched her second goal of the season at the 40:35 mark when she won a battle with an LBC defender and put the ball past the outstretched right pad of Campbell.
- Sophomore Alexis Arruda registered her first career goal with 1:37 remaining in the contest, pushing a shot to the far right corner of the goal.
- Stevenson took all 33 of the game's shots and generated a 10-0 advantage in penalty corners.
- Karns now has a pair of hat tricks on the season.
- Bauer led the Mustangs with eight shots, while Karns finished with seven.
- Stevenson's four goalies, Kelsey Eure, Hope Nyarady, Grace Hollin and Jamie Fritz, each played a quarter and were not forced to make a save.
- Campbell finished with 14 shots as 22 of Stevenson's 33 shots were on target.
Mackenzie Rieger scores her first collegiate goal.
- Stevenson hits the road Saturday, traveling to Shenandoah for a 1 pm contest.
- The Mustangs return home Saturday, September 21, welcoming Centenary (N.J.) for a 4 pm contest at Mustang Stadium.