OWINGS MILL, Md. - For the first time since 2010, the Stevenson men's soccer team has advanced to postseason play and will compete in the 2018 ECAC Division III Men's Soccer Championship. The Mustangs are the top seed in pod four and will host fourth-seeded Franciscan on Friday, November 9 beginning at 5:00 p.m.
Tickets are $5 for adults, $4 for seniors, $2 for students with I.D. Tickets for children six and under are free. All Stevenson students are FREE with valid I.D.
- For the first time since joining the conference, the Mustangs advanced to the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) Commonwealth playoffs, falling in the semifinals to top-seeded and top-ranked Messiah, 1-0.
- Stevenson enters the weekend with an 11-8-1 record, including 9-3 at home.
- Sophomore Tariq Lee and junior DR Medtart were named to the All-MAC Commonwealth Second Team while both sophomore Dylan Holy and freshman Matt Stellitano were named honorable mention.
- Sophomore Jay Smith leads the team with 16 points on a team-best eight goals. He has also netted three game-winning goals.
- Medtart ranks second with 15 points on four goals and a team-high seven assists. Lee has 12 points on four goals and four assists. Both have scored two game-winning goals.
- In net, Stellitano has started 18 of the team's 20 games, posting a 1.06 goals against average and a .821 save percentage.
- The Barons enter the tournament after falling to top-seeded Penn-St.-Behrend in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference.
- Franciscan, who has won four of its last five games, is 6-3 on the road this season and 1-1 in neutral site contests.
- Leo James and JP Bobak each earned a spot on the All-AMCC Third Team. Bobak ranks tied for second on the team with 17 points on five goals and seven assists.
- Sebastian Koehler leads the team with with 20 points on 10 goals, including three game-winning goals.
- In net, Brian Gaughan has started all 19 games, posting a 1.35 goals against average and a .784 save percentage.
- First ever meeting between the two teams.
- It is the third appearance for the Mustangs in the ECAC Tournament, with the team advancing in 2009 and 2010.
- Stevenson advanced to the semifinals in 2009, falling to Wesley, 3-2.
- In 2010, the Mustangs won the ECAC South Championship, defeating Grove City, 3-1, in the final.
- Fans can follow the game live on GoMustangSports.tv or on the Roku App by searching Stevenson Athletics.