OWINGS MILLS, Md. - Stevenson men's soccer sophomore Dylan Holy netted his third goal of the season but York (Pa.) scored two unanswered, including the game-winner in the 85th minute to lift the visiting Spartans, 2-1, in non-conference action Wednesday afternoon at Mustang Stadium.
- The Mustangs (1-2) got on the board first with a header from Holy off a long throw-in from sophomore Evan Joseph to give the hosts the lead in the fifth minute.
- Stevenson nearly doubled its lead five minutes later on the same play as Holy flicked a header from a Joseph throw-in to sophomore Tariq Lee who headed it past goalkeeper Billy Bridegum but Lee was whistled offsides.
- The Spartans (2-1) had their first scoring chance in the 13th minute as Travis Gould got behind the defense on a long pass but junior Nick Ellis recovered before Gould could get off a shot.
- York (Pa.) was awarded a free kick, 30 yards out in the 26th minute, that was bobbled by junior Bobby Considine in the six-yard box. Brook Addisu bodied the ball forward before Marc Murgo scored on the empty net.
- Sophomore Jay Smith nearly had his second goal of the season as his shot in the 34th minute hit off the post after a long ball from Holy.
- With one minute left in the opening half, freshman Pete Wickiser hit the crossbar with his shot from the right wing.
- In the 60th minute, Isiah Dorsey fired a shot just outside of the six-yard box but Considine made a point blank save and punched the ball over the crossbar. Considine then punched away the ensuing corner kick.
- The Mustangs had their best scoring chance of the second half in the 67th minute as Lee played the ball back for junior DR Medtart at the top of the 18-yard box but Medtart's shot sailed high over the bar.
- In the 85th minute, Gould played a through ball for Dorsey who hesitated before sprinting past the Mustangs defense and scoring low to the far right post.
- With the final seconds ticking away, Joseph had another long throw into to the box that bounced around before freshman Jason Kahan headed it on net but it was saved on the near post by Bridegum.
- York (Pa.) outshot the Mustangs, 22-8, including 12-3 in the second half. The Spartans also held a 5-0 edge in corner kicks.
- All three of Holy's goals this season have come off headers. He scored just one goal in his rookie season last year.
- Considine matched his career-high with eight saves.
- The Spartans goal snapped a 142:59 scoreless streak the Stevenson defense held.
Holy scored his third goal in the last two games to put the Mustangs on the board first.
- Stevenson continues its four-game home stand on Saturday, September 8 when the Mustangs host a non-conference contest versus Shenandoah beginning at 1:00 p.m.