Nov 24, 2018
APPLETON, Wis. - Stevenson men's ice hockey junior Nick Gray scored 36 seconds into the second period for the game's lone goal as the Mustangs posted a, 1-0, non-conference victory over Lawrence Saturday evening at Appleton Ice Center.
- Neither team found the back of the net in the opening period, with the host VIkings (1-7-0) outshooting Stevenson, 14-12.
- Lawrence had the first power play opportunity of the game after the Mustangs (5-3-0) were whistled for too many men on the ice.
- The Vikings were 0-for-2 on the power while Stevenson was 0-for-3, including scoreless on a five-minute major..
- The Mustangs had nine seconds of five-on-three play during the major penalty.
- Gray scored 36 seconds into the second period on assists from sophomore Houston Wilson and junior Tyler Slusarczyk.
- The Vikings had three power play opportunities but were scoreless on all three.
- Stevenson was scoreless on its two power play attempts of the period.
- The Mustangs outshot Lawrence, 14-4 in the period.
- Both teams had one power play attempt, with Lawrence on the man advantage for 1:06 and Stevenson for 1:16.
- The Vikings held an, 8-3, advantage in shots in the final period.
- Stevenson outshot Lawrence, 29-26. The Mustangs were 0-for-6 on the power play while the Vikings were 0-for-5.
- It is the fourth shutout in program history and first for freshman Riley McVeigh who totaled 26 saves.
- Stevenson returns to action on Friday, November 30 when the Mustangs travel to Utica for an United Collegiate Hockey Conference (UCHC) contest beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- The Mustangs return home on Friday, December 7 when the team hosts an UCHC and Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) contest versus Lebanon Valley beginning at 7:00 p.m.